Social Awareness and the Environment
The fourth grade year is one of growth, development, and accomplishment. In fourth grade we build on each student’s growing social capabilities and ethical awareness to create an optimal learning environment. This atmosphere fosters independence and respect for diversity in others. Fourth graders work on broadening and strengthening their knowledge base in all areas. This grade often sees children shift from an emphasis on process to an equal focus on the end result. With these factors in mind, we are able to complete many exciting projects on our fourth grade journey.
- Investigate our natural surroundings and learn about local history in a yearlong study of the Connecticut River watershed.
- Conduct crime scene chemistry experiments and perform deduction studies to solve an imaginary mystery.
- Read poems each week and write poetry inspired by various poets.
- Discover with the third grade the ancient and modern civilizations of China, Egypt, and South America.
- Travel to The Putney School and sit beneath the Alexander Calder mobile before creating mobiles in the classroom using weight and balance.
|The Grammar School is a Private School in Vermont founded in 1960. As one of the leading private schools in Vermont, we are dedicated to meeting our mission by working in conscious partnership with parents, students and teachers. We welcome you to take a tour in person. Submit an inquiry request to schedule a visit or contact Admissions at 802-387-5364.|