Mission & Philosophy
As a small community of parents, students, and teachers in conscious partnership, The Grammar School integrates high expectations for achievement, creativity, self-discipline, and social responsibility. We cultivate in each student a lifelong enthusiasm for learning and a desire to contribute constructively to society. Our program provides students with an excellent academic, artistic, athletic, and ethical foundation.
The Grammar School nurtures intellectual curiosity, creativity, and personal growth. Students are challenged by a core academic curriculum, with outstanding programs in the visual and performing arts, music, foreign language, environmental studies, and physical skills development. A dedicated staff inspires students to seek solutions to the complex ethical, environmental, and technological challenges they will encounter in the world.
The Grammar School is a fully enrolled and financially sustainable school situated on extensive meadows and woodlands. Financial aid makes the school accessible to students of diverse backgrounds. The Grammar School attracts a committed and caring faculty and staff who embrace the distinctive contributions of each and every person in the community.
Our Core Values
In that spirit, The Grammar School…
- values the imagination and independent thinking of children;
- integrates challenging academics with engagement in the arts and outdoors;
- curriculum cultivates social and environmental awareness and responsibility in the broader world;
- values outstanding teaching;
- fosters acceptance of each person’s uniqueness and strengths.